Friday, July 02, 2010

Beer and sparklers!




Ready to start the three day weekend Fourth of July celebration!!! While at first glance this seems like a Facebookish post/what am I doing every five minutes kinda thing but while it's gonna be quick and sweet it's much wittier and deeper than any Facebook-post but I digress. (NO offense to those FBers, some dear and near) Relaxation and upackatation (I;m smart I can make my own words, it's a perk that and we can befuddle lesser minds) is the theme this weekend that and especially the celebration of our great nation. Crap! Leave it to a windbag to make a novel out of a notion. Okay here I'll wrap it up! In these stressful times of cynicism and a recurrence of the ME generation the more important things seem to fall by the wayside like the Fourth of July. Beer and sparklers. No work and lawn chairs. People take it for granted, their freedom, I included. It's a reality where with sadness and regret that STILL right now people can't live, breathe and do as they want with the ease that we do and during this time maybe just thinking about what cost and what life we have thanks to others then and now on the battlefield and feel pride that while we bitch about America and it's ways at least we're free.

Please a moratorium on I'm Proud To Be An American! There's tons of other patriotic songs out there.

No comments: